Hi! Here is my first official update for Indebted. At first, I was thinking that I’d just do a quick timeline-type update of the facts, but maybe I should aim higher. Maybe this will interest someone who is considering writing a novel, or someone possibly considering self-publishing a novel, to see how the process works. So maybe I’ll do bullet point updates for those who just want to know where Indebted is in the process, and longer explanations beneath those to give more information to writers.
· I am in the process of proofreading Indebted one last time before I submit it to the publisher. I hope to submit it within the next couple of days
· Indebted will then be formatted and a cover design will be created by CreateSpace—of which I will have a choice of 2 options
· The process took 3 months (each) for both Inescapable and Intuition. I hope that this will not be the case for Indebted—that I can get it finished faster.
· I am hoping Indebted is ready for release on Amazon in March 2012.
· There are 26 chapters in this book
(Yes, I have a problem with brevity, but I like a lot of story in my stories, with twists, action, and surprises…I think it may just be my “style”).
· Indebted will probably translate to around the same number of pages as Inescapable
(Which is around 394 pages give or take a few—that is the 6 x 9 print book, the eBooks have a ton more pages –Indebted is currently approximately 143,000 words—traditional publishers just gasped in horror.)
· While reading through chapter 6 & 7 yesterday, I revised some of the dialogue.
(I would tell you exactly why, but I don’t want to spoil anything, suffice it to say I wanted the dialogue to sound effortless.)
· After I fixed chapter 7, I re-read 6 & 7 a couple of times before I continued on, almost without incident, through chapter 11.
(I should’ve gotten farther, but I had eleven phone calls today and a few that were really long. Grrr! I also corresponded on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads.com, Google+, and I wrote a blog for Weebly: this website, and I am writing this update to fulfill my marketing obligations. I have to make sure I keep up with you guys. :) I plan on trying to read more tonight when all is quiet. )
Notes: I really like Chapter 8. I wish I could tell you why. I will start reading chapter 12 as soon as I can (tonight or tomorrow morning).
**If you have any questions, you can comment here and I’ll try to answer them for you either in my next blog or via email.